Spotting the Difference
Read the title, the words in the box under the title, and the subheadings.
1. What are the areas of ‘ differences ‘ that the text is going to discuss?
2. Why do doctors only now understand that the genders are fundamentally different?
3. Fill in the chart to show the difference between men and women in what can cause an abnormal heart beat.
4. Why were some women’s heart attacks misdiagnosed as panic attacks in the past?
Read paragraph 3
5. Complete the chart below with information that explains why some heart drugs made women’s heart problems worse in the past.
Read paragraph 4
6. In this paragraph the writer discusses the gender differences in many of our body systems. In the chart below:
Read paragraph 6
7. In this paragraph the writer says that in her book Marianne Legato “creates a bridge of understanding across the gulf of incomprehension that exits 8. Read paragraph 7
9. In paragraph 7 there are 4 examples of areas of listening and hearing, as listed in the table below. Complete the table to show the differences in the way each sex listens and hears.
Area of Hearing and Listening Men Women
Ability to process and understand language
starts to diminish from the age of about 35
keep this function until they are well into their 50s.
it is involve only the left side.
Easier for women, they involve both halves of their brains.
Men are able to correctly interpret a narrower range of facial expressions than women,
Women are able to correctly interpret a wider range of facial expressions than men, giving them an empathy advantage.
Remembering the spoken word Men have fewer memories of the spoken word
Women have better memories for the spoken word, (meaning that they remember what was said in an argument that men have, perhaps wisely, long since forgotten.)
Read paragraphs 8-9
10. In paragraph 9 the writer says that there is usually a “meeting in the middle” of the male type brain and the female type brain (lines 2 -3). Explain why Legato thinks this ‘meeting’ will result in stronger relationships.
11. Why does the writer think that gender specific studies are so important?
|מילות מפתח||אנגלית ממ 13 רמה d, אנגלית ממן 13 טרום בסיסי ב, ממ"ן 13, ממן 13 טרום בסיסי ב|
|שם מוסד לימוד בו הוגשה העבודה|