The experiences of people with learning disabilities on social networking sites.
Questions based on the Abstract
1. List 2 benefits of using social networking sites.
1. Opportunity to maintain friendships.
2. Option to create new friendships and even date.
2. a. What concern do some learning disabled people have when using social networking sites?
Concern with regard to their safety.
b. What solution was found to help learning disabled users of social networking sites cope with negative experiences?
A therapeutic group was formed to address these online experiences and provide practical and emotional support.
Questions based on paragraphs 1 – 7
3. What is the definition of ‘social identity’?
Social identity is a person’s sense of who they are based on their group membership(s). (8/8 points)
4. How does social interaction help establish social identity?
Personal identity is continually changing in response to the feedback received during social interaction, which leads to the formation of ‘social identity’.
|מילות מפתח||אנגלית, ממן 11, מתקדמים ב|
|שם מוסד לימוד בו הוגשה העבודה||האוניברסיטה הפתוחה|