The Mystery of Pain
Read Paragraph 1.
1. What idea is illustrated by the examples of Carole and Janice in paragraph 1?
Why is there a difference between at people’s pain?
Read the Section: Who Suffers More?
2. What answer does the writer give to the question in the sub-heading?
3. According to the information in paragraph 2, what is the function of pain?
4. Complete the following sequence chart to show the processes in the brain when we feel pain. Use information in paragraph 5.
5. Find the definition of the following terms in paragraph 6.
Read the Section: Factors that Affect our Response to Pain
6. In this section the writer presents 6 factors that can affect the way we respond to pain. Complete the table below.
7. Why does Richard Sternbach think that working wives have more aches and pain than wives who do not go out to work?
8. In some circumstances pain can benefit certain people.
9. The purpose of this text is:
a. to discuss reasons why people react to pain differently.
b. to tell us about the experiments on measuring pain.
c. to suggest various solution for pain.
d. to describe the biochemical responses to pain.
|מילות מפתח||The Mystery of Pain, ממן 12 אנגלית טרום בסיסי ב, ממן 12 רמה d|
|שם מוסד לימוד בו הוגשה העבודה|